28.21 First Age: terms and conditions of use.
Avalon explicitly disclaims everything it may disclaim under the laws of the United States of America, the United Kingdom, the European Union and all other countries, territories, and regions throughout the world. More specifically but by no means limited to the fact that any statement made by any user on this system is not necessarily the view of its operators, nor necessarily supported by them.
Terms and Conditions for the use of Avalonwebsite: http://www.firstage.net
To protect ourselves and yourself we must ask you to agree to all of the terms and conditions described below while logged in to Avalon. Comments are of course appreciated and should be directed towards any of the administrators at: email@example.com
For the purposes of these conditions, Avalon is considered both a written publication and hence full copyright is applicable; and it is also a computer game whose design, algorithms, text and code is likewise copyright.
1. Avalon, all ideas contained within, all text contained within and produced by, and everything associated thereof is solely copyright to Yehuda M. Simmons and licensed by Hourglass Communications Limited.
1.1 All contributions to Avalon from 12th September 1992 are copyrighted to the aforementioned. Future contributors will hold no copyright. Past contributors have the option to resign copyright, reach alternative agreement, or remove their work. All enquiries regarding copyright should be directed towards those aforementioned. All past contributors will have ten years from the date of 12th September 1992 to register any dispute to this copyright declaration.
1.2 You are not allowed to reprint or distribute any text contained within Avalon without the prior written permission of the copyright holder.
1.3 You are not allowed to copy, clone or steal either directly or indirectly any of the techniques, mythology, unique ideas and original methodologies designed by Avalon and published by Avalon. This includes but is not limited to its gamesystem, its simulation mechanisms, its algorithms, and all intellectual property rights applicable under the fullest extent of the law.
2. Avalon is provided as a service to its users under worldwide exclusive license in perpetuity by Hourglass Communications Limited, Avalon Support, 304 Park Avenue South, 11th Floor, New York, New York 10010, United States. Written enquiries should be directed to this address.
3. Users of Avalon are liable for everything sent to Avalon from their terminal or computer and all consequences of those actions. Avalon and its owners and operators are not responsible for any of the player generated content, nor its effects, consequences or repercussions.
4. Users of Avalon assent to take responsibility for all your Avalon charges and all internet, telephone, and otherwise associated charges you may incur through the use of Avalon.
5. If Avalon or anyone associated with it is subject to any legal costs, including law suits, as a consequence of your actions then you will be fully liable for all costs and culpable for all repercussions.
6. Credits for playing Avalon paid for by cheque or credit card are considered non-negotiable purchases and once bought cannot be refunded in any way except as a result of permanent deprivation of your Avalon character. We do however promise to charge its users at whatever rate was indicated by the CHARGES command at the time of their purchase. Avalon reserves the right to change these charging rates at any time but guarantees all charges to remain unchanged for subscribers based on the time of their purchase of the specific item or subscription or product. Monthly subscriptions are charged on a pro-rata basis. If you cancel your subscription part way through a month then a refund may be provided, upon request, for the unsused days of that month.
7. Although Avalon functions twenty fours a day, or seven days a week, or three hundred and sixty five days of the year: we can give no guarantee that it will be available at any given moment, during the unpredictable nature of the internet, the multiple internet service providers involved in any single gaming session, the process of updates, backups and unforeseeable or unforseen computer downtime.
8. Avalon is in a constant state of change. The copyright holder of Avalon reserve the right to alter Avalon and everything contained therein without prior notice.
9. Avalon does not hold itself in any way responsible for any damage to your health, wealth or marriage and other relationships as a result of using Avalon and/or protracted use of computer terminals and their monitors/VDUs.
10. Any abuse of an Avalon account or character, and of these Terms and Conditions may result in suspension or deletion at any time, pending the judgement of the system operators.
|© 1999 - 2013 Hourglass Communications Limited. All Rights Reserved.|